Monday, December 10, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Holo - Christmas Drip Marble Nails

Hey there!  Hooray, it's time for a new Digit-al Dozen week!  This week we're doing Holo, which makes me happy since we can do holiday nail art or not.  I personally have a mix.  It did, on the other hand, teach me how terrible I am at photographing holographics.  I even took the top off my light box to try to help me out but I still don't think I managed to capture the rainbow-y goodness of the polishes I used for this week.  Even if I couldn't photograph the wonder of these polishes, today's mani stole my heart.  I actually did two versions.  First I tried a real water marble (which I'll share at the end of the post) but that got less than pretty so I did a drip marble.  Who needs a water marble when you can do a drip marble?!



For these I used mostly Esmaltes da Kelly holographic polishes.  They are Andromeda and Omega (from the Nebulas collection) and Mon Cheri (from the I Love Paris collection), all from Beautometry.  But I felt it needed a dark twist so I also threw in a bit of Kokie Cosmetics Dark Room.  


After blobbing them onto an old cottage cheese container lid and tilting them back and forth for a while, I ended up with these as decals which I applied over a couple of coats of Andromeda (the silver holo) and topping with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  



Now I'll share my first attempt at these.  I did a real water marble with Esmaltes da Kelly Andromeda, Mon Coeur and Omega.  It was pretty messy so I stamped it with Lina Nail Art Supplies Can't Wait For Xmas 01.  But then the red bled through the stamping, negating my attempts to tidy it up.  



So which is better? Drip Marble or water marble with stamping.  You know my answer now I'd like to hear yours!  

'Til next time...


No comments: