Friday, July 14, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Continents - Australia

Hey there!  Today's post is pulling triple duty.  Not only is it a Digit-al Dozen day but it's also Nail Crazies Unite Ocean day and the Nail Challenge Collaborative Beach/Ocean month.  When I think of underwater sea life, I think of some of the photos I've seen of diving in Australia so that was my inspiration for today's post.  And then when I think of Australia, I think of the Arrogant Worms lyric in Canada Is Really Big..."we're bigger than Australia and it's a continent" which makes me laugh :-)



For these I used one of ILNP's Ultra Chrome Flakies, Cold Fusion, to full coverage.  It involves a lot of sponging to get these opaque but man they look cool!


For the stamping I did a gradient using Mundo de Unas White, Fiji and Navy Blue using Pet'la Summerics plate.  I don't often use the couple of Pet'la plates I have but I should.  I like them but they're kind hard to clean.  I think that's what puts me off.  



And so you can see the cool flakies, here's a macro.  I just wish I hadn't cut that poor sea turtle in half!  


You should be able to find lots more designs to oogle in the links below since there's 3 link ups today!  Happy browsing!  Just a heads up that I'm on vacation starting tomorrow so if my blog posts are a bit sparse, blame the crappy internet that I get at the cabin.  I swear I'll be up there cropping all the photos I've taken lately so I'll still be thinking of you guys!

'Til next time...






No comments: