Saturday, July 29, 2017

Bundle Monster Around The World 2 (Partial) Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today we have a review of some of the stamping plates from the second Bundle Monster Around The World set and guess what...there's a Canada plate!  Hooray to Bundle Monster for showing us Canucks some love with an awesome plate.  I was also sent plates representing Thailand and Morocco which are both really nice but you have to know the Canadian one is my personal favourite.  I did a couple manis with each plate so you to get a sense of them.  Keep reading to see more about the plates and how I chose to use them.


Each of these Bundle Monster plates measure 6 x 12 cm and all three have a really neat mix of image sizes.  There's full nail images on each but there's also larger and smaller images.  And the etching quality is fantastic.  I said in my last Bundle Monster post that I think their quality just gets better and better and I really mean it!   There are two other plates in this set that I didn't receive (representing England and Australia).  I'll link the plates I was sent below but if you're interested in the full Around The World Set 2, it can be found here.

BM-XL157 (Canada)



My first mani celebrates our amazing wilderness (and our sky, my favourite).  I used Bow Polish Northern Lights as a base and then double stamped with Messy Mansion Chalk and Carbon.  I was watching real life northern lights last night and, while this certainly doesn't capture how cool they really are, I'm sure glad there's a stamping image that pays homage to our outdoors.  



My second design used two images I couldn't resist....that absolutely adorable beaver and the "Eh?".  Personally I'm certainly someone who says "eh?" a lot...and they even included the oft-neglected question mark!  "Eh" should never be written with one!  For these I used Zoya Flynn and Pretty Serious Looks That Kill.  For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas White or Looks That Kill (check out how well that stamps) and topped with OPI matte top coat.  


BM-XL158 (Thailand)



Both of my Bangkok Bloom designs use polishes I picked up at Indie Expo Canada last month.  First I did a gradient of Girly Bits Irreplaceable and Love Yourself First and stamped with Ambition.  That was finished with OPI matte top coat.



This was was simply 2 coats of Pahlish Magician's Apprentice stamped with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey and finished with HK Girl.  Easy peasy!  


BM-XL159 (Morocco)




To first try this plate I used Color Club Route 66 stamped with Moyra Black foil stamping polish with gold foil.  I'm loving foil stamping lately but I wish the black didn't peek through so much in the photos.  


AND it just so happens that I used the same inspiration picture for my final mani as this month's Digit-al Dozen birthday girls picked for July's birthday mani pic.  So happy birthday to Tracy and Roselynn.  I hope you lovely ladies had a wonderful birthday month and I truly wish you both the best in the year ahead.  


To do this look I used 1 coat  of Vapid Lacquer I’m Late which is a shimmer’y purple shifty topper dry brushed with OPI Color Paints.  Then I added another coat of I’m Late, stamped with MDU White and finished with HK Girl.  The top coat seemed to wrinkle it but I think it looks cool, like foil.  


Obviously I think everyone needs a Canada plate in their life so that's my pick of the three but the other two I tried out were also beautiful.  If you'd like to find all of Bundle Monsters products (stamping and more) they can be found here:

$5.50/plate
$22.50/set of 5 plates
Available at Bundle Monster

When you're done shopping you can also find the rest of the DD ladies July birthday manis in the Inlinkz below.  Enjoy!  

'Til next time...



No comments: