Saturday, 29 July 2017

Bundle Monster Around The World 2 (Partial) Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today we have a review of some of the stamping plates from the second Bundle Monster Around The World set and guess what...there's a Canada plate!  Hooray to Bundle Monster for showing us Canucks some love with an awesome plate.  I was also sent plates representing Thailand and Morocco which are both really nice but you have to know the Canadian one is my personal favourite.  I did a couple manis with each plate so you to get a sense of them.  Keep reading to see more about the plates and how I chose to use them.


Each of these Bundle Monster plates measure 6 x 12 cm and all three have a really neat mix of image sizes.  There's full nail images on each but there's also larger and smaller images.  And the etching quality is fantastic.  I said in my last Bundle Monster post that I think their quality just gets better and better and I really mean it!   There are two other plates in this set that I didn't receive (representing England and Australia).  I'll link the plates I was sent below but if you're interested in the full Around The World Set 2, it can be found here.

BM-XL157 (Canada)



My first mani celebrates our amazing wilderness (and our sky, my favourite).  I used Bow Polish Northern Lights as a base and then double stamped with Messy Mansion Chalk and Carbon.  I was watching real life northern lights last night and, while this certainly doesn't capture how cool they really are, I'm sure glad there's a stamping image that pays homage to our outdoors.  



My second design used two images I couldn't resist....that absolutely adorable beaver and the "Eh?".  Personally I'm certainly someone who says "eh?" a lot...and they even included the oft-neglected question mark!  "Eh" should never be written with one!  For these I used Zoya Flynn and Pretty Serious Looks That Kill.  For the stamping I used Mundo de Unas White or Looks That Kill (check out how well that stamps) and topped with OPI matte top coat.  


BM-XL158 (Thailand)



Both of my Bangkok Bloom designs use polishes I picked up at Indie Expo Canada last month.  First I did a gradient of Girly Bits Irreplaceable and Love Yourself First and stamped with Ambition.  That was finished with OPI matte top coat.



This was was simply 2 coats of Pahlish Magician's Apprentice stamped with Mundo de Unas Dark Grey and finished with HK Girl.  Easy peasy!  


BM-XL159 (Morocco)




To first try this plate I used Color Club Route 66 stamped with Moyra Black foil stamping polish with gold foil.  I'm loving foil stamping lately but I wish the black didn't peek through so much in the photos.  


AND it just so happens that I used the same inspiration picture for my final mani as this month's Digit-al Dozen birthday girls picked for July's birthday mani pic.  So happy birthday to Tracy and Roselynn.  I hope you lovely ladies had a wonderful birthday month and I truly wish you both the best in the year ahead.  


To do this look I used 1 coat  of Vapid Lacquer I’m Late which is a shimmer’y purple shifty topper dry brushed with OPI Color Paints.  Then I added another coat of I’m Late, stamped with MDU White and finished with HK Girl.  The top coat seemed to wrinkle it but I think it looks cool, like foil.  


Obviously I think everyone needs a Canada plate in their life so that's my pick of the three but the other two I tried out were also beautiful.  If you'd like to find all of Bundle Monsters products (stamping and more) they can be found here:

$5.50/plate
$22.50/set of 5 plates
Available at Bundle Monster

When you're done shopping you can also find the rest of the DD ladies July birthday manis in the Inlinkz below.  Enjoy!  

'Til next time...