Saturday, July 1, 2017

Canada Day Nails 2017

Hey there!  Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canucks!  It's a big day for Canada.  Today we're celebrating 150 years!  To celebrate I'm sharing my Canada Day mani that I've been wearing since Wednesday.  Elena of Nail Experiments put out a call for us to do manis celebrating the country we love so much and this was my contribution.  She even put together a collage of them which I'll be sharing at the end of this post.



This mani is a great mix of Canadian and American.  The products used are from American makers but I got my hands on them thanks to Canadians.  The stencils are the Canadian Flag stencils from Whats Up Nails (American) that I got from a giveaway by the always lovely Lady Maid Nails (Canadian) and Nail Polish Canada.  These stencils worked flawlessly.  I've gotten lots of comments on them in real life this week so I think people like them.


The red polish is Colors by Llarowe (American) O Canada, Leah Ann's contribution to the Indie Expo 2017 VIP bag which was organized by Pam of Girly Bits Cosmetics (Canadian).  No one tops CbL's red holos to me and this one is no exception.  It's gorgeous so I'm happy I got my grubby little hands on it.  Check this photo in direct light out.  It' actually far more color accurate than my other photos.  It absolutely glows.  


I also added a couple white studs to tie them together.  I have no recollection of where I bought these but I'm sure they're not hard to find online.  


And now for the collaboration collage.  I love seeing this many Canadian manis in one place.  I'm impressed with how creative some folks are.  And I see lots of bottles of what I assume is O Canada so I think it's a mighty popular polish on our country's 150th anniversary.


I hope all the Canadians out there have a great long weekend.  Be safe and wear you're Canadian pride on your sleeve...or maybe, in our case, on your nails!

'Til next time...


No comments: