Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Continents - Asia

Hey there!  When I was trying to think of nail designs that might be representative of continents without just picking one country, I mostly thought of animals.  But for Asia, I realized I have quite a few Asia-specific plates so I flipped through those and saw this cool image of the Great Wall of China on one of the Bundle Monster plates.  So today's Asia-inspired mani is my only landscape inspired one for our Digit-al Dozen week.  However I've never seen the Great Wall myself so I highly relied on Google which showed me that there's lots of green around the wall so that's how I tried to make it look.

Great Wall Of China Nails

Bundle Monster BM-XL151

For these I started with a jelly white base of Colors by Llarowe Coconut. The stamping image came from Bundle Monster BM-XL151 that I stamped with Moyra Dark Brown.  It's not very big so trying to get this to work over 4 nails was challenging!

Great Wall Of China Nails

I used mostly the leadlighting technique to put all the color in the design.  Some parts were just straight up painted on.  Here's the list of polishes I used: Esmaltes da Kelly Leaf, Moss, Soft Azul, Loaded Lacquer Coconut, Nfu Oh JS39, OPI Jade Is The New Black and KBShimmer Honeydew List...lots and lots of greens.  I finished with a matte top coat (OPI matte top coat).  


Asia nail art

Great Wall Of China Nails

That's all for today, one of my few landscape manis.  Don't worry, I'll be back tomorrow with more animals!  You can find the rest of the groups fourth Continents manis in the links below.  

'Til next time...




No comments: