Friday, January 8, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Pale Blue Base

Hey there!  Hooray, we're back on a regular schedule for the 40 Great Nail Art Ideas challenge after a couple of messed up holiday weeks.  It's our first color prompt in awhile and we're starting off 2016's colors with a pale blue base.  I was given needle drag *shudder* as my design prompt and here's what I came up with - some crazy looking fantasy fire nails!



I started with one of the lightest of my pale blue polishes, China Glaze Dashboard Dreamer.  I started with two coats of it and allowed them to at least partially dry.  Then I added a third coat and while it was wet, added spots of Esmaltes da Kelly Soap Bubbles in Pink, Purple and Blue.  


After trying a couple of other needle drag designs (and failing miserably at them) I decided a fire-like design would be the most forgiving so that's what I went for.  Instead of a needle I used an old (slightly splayed) nail art brush to drag the sheer polishes into my pale blue base.  


Since Dashboard Dreamer has a slight shimmer in it, it was cooler to see how it combined with the sheer polishes in the macro below.  Cool shiny, trippy fire!


I did this over the holidays and it ended up being good practice for doing some other techniques that I'm not comfortable with that I did after this one (you'll see why next week)!  In the meantime, check out the links below to see what the rest of the color prompt gals have done for the start of 2016.  

'Til next time...



No comments: