Friday, January 15, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does New & Improved/40 Great Nail Art Ideas Things That Fly - Advanced Stamping Bees

Hey there!  Today is the final day of The Digit-al Dozen's New & Improved week which has been super inspirational for me.  It's been one of my favourite themes in quite awhile.  I've decided to combine my last new technique with 40 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt of Thing That Fly.  I knew I wanted to do a cute bumblebee for Things That Fly and thought it'd be a good time to try Advanced Stamping.  I get a bit confused about whether there's a difference between Advanced Stamping/Stamping Decals/Reverse Stamping but I can tell you that I have never filled in a stamp image on the stamper and directly stamped it onto my nail so that's my new technique for today (even though it's only on one nail).



I make stamping decals a lot.  Like A LOT a lot!  But I'm always plagued by the air bubbles that get trapped between the clear coat and the base.  Enter Advanced Stamping!  I've tried this once ages ago but I ended up with a squished mess so I gave up trying it again until now.  So I stamped the cute bee from UberChic Beauty 5-01 onto the Clear Jelly Stamper (since I knew I needed decent placement) and filled it with Esmaltes da Kelly Loosho.  Once it was dry I pressed it onto my nail and it worked!  Look, no bubbles!  Woohoo!  


For the rest of my nails, I didn't use any new techniques.  On my thumb, index and pinky I painted two coats of Esmaltes da Kelly Loosho and either stamped the honeycomb image from Winstonia W113 or used straight Nail Vinyls that I then painted in with Rica Black Out.  


My middle and ring fingers both have a base of Essie In The Cab-ana.  On the ring finger, I stamped an image from Vivid Lacquer VL-008 with Mundo de Unas Black.  I don't know what it is but I've found myself using my VL plates a lot lately.  It's like rediscovering a long lost love or something, haha!  


So that's my Advanced Stamping Thing That Flies.  I hope you've liked our New & Improved week as much as I have.  You can find the rest of the Digit-al Dozen below and some more things that fly.  Those should be fun to see!  

'Til next time...




No comments: