Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does New & Improved - Day 2 3D Metallic Nail Art

Hey there!  It's Day 2 of The Digit-al Dozen's New & Improved week.  My design today is definitely something I've never tried before...3D nails using gel under metallic polish.  I've seen quite a few bloggers do this, though of course I didn't bookmark a single one so I can't even show you my inspirations.  Trust me, there's some gorgeous ones out there!  This is mine.  It's not as pretty as others but I still really liked it.  I think it's my favourite of the week!   



To do this I grabbed a nail art brush and painted my swirly designs on my nails with a gel.  I never use gel (so that's new for me too) so I wasn't sure what to use.  I had bought some Gelish Structure last summer (thinking it could toughen up my nails so that ultimate would be less lightly to break them) and it's thick so it worked pretty good.  I painted, cured and then repeated it to try to get a higher design.  It's tough because the gel is clear so using something with some color would be better.  


After the second go of gel was cured and wiped, I just added coat of Layla Metal Chrome and that was it.  Like all metallics, it really shows the ridges but, other than that, I loved these.  



Thanks for stopping by.  Feel free to swing on by my friends' blogs in the links below to see their new and improved manis.  


'Til next time...





No comments: