Thursday, March 7, 2019

UberChic Beauty Secret Garden and Cultural Harmony Stamping Plates

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I hope every has had a good Thursday.  I personally can't wait for Friday.  This week has felt looonnngggg!!  But the highlight of it was getting to play with the new UberChic Beauty stamping plates the last couple of nights.  I received the Secret Garden plate and the Cultural Harmony plate on Monday after work and they jumped to the top of my "must try" pile.  I definitely wasn't disappointed.  Normally I don't get things posted so quickly but these couldn't wait.  So now you get to see what I've worn yesterday and today (and the ones I had to do and take off right away so I could blog about them sooner...sad face).



9.5 x 14.5 cm plate


UberChic has had floral images down pat from the very first plates she released so I was ecstatic to see an entire plate of florals being released.  The images vary all across the board in terms of size but the quality of all of them is wonderful!  Aren't they so pretty?  


I was absolutely in love with this mani I did last night.  Unfortunately it was the one I did first so I didn't get to enjoy it for long.  But since spring is coming soon, I figured it was time for some pastel nails.  I did a gradient of Kokie Cosmetics Fresh Picked, Iris, Let’s Go Sea and Citrus Splash over Ski Patrol and double stamped the swirly images with Mundo de Unas Black then White.  I texted this one to my friend in London and he said it was in his top 5 ever (and he's been getting pictures of my hands for years so that's saying something).  




This one is the mani I've been enjoying all day (though it's looking a bit worse for the wear since I've been in gloves a lot today for lab work).  The base is 3 coats of KBShimmer Hakuna Moscato with reverse stamping of Hit The Bottle Looking For Mr Grey and KBShimmer Caught On Tape.  I finished these with OPI matte top coat.  



9.5 x 14.5 cm plate
17 x 21 mm full nail images


Cultural Harmony is the third of UberChic's culturally-inspired patterns plates.  For this one she focused on Scandinavian patterns (which had me checking out Ikea pictures for color combo ideas) with a few Africa-inspired images as well.  I don't know much about the patterns of the world but I know these are just great nail images so I'm happy.  


And now we have the mani I wore all day yesterday.  This image did give me visions of Africa so I went with an African color theme.  I hadn't done a saran wrap mani for ages and I thought one would make a great base for this image.  I started with OPI's Orange You Stylish and then dabbed on The "It" Color and My Solar Clock Is Ticking with a little ball of plastic wrap.  I was so happy with how well these fine lines stamped!   




For my last mani I did try to go with a Scandinavian color theme (thank you google) but I think I missed the mark.  I loved it but it should be more dusty.  Here I did reverse stamping with Girly Bits Sea You Next Fall filled with Saffron, Saffroff over Hit and Mist.  Again, I finished with a matte top coat.  



If the images on these plates are up your alley, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.  With UberChic Beauty you can be almost guaranteed as to the quality of the etching.  And when I was just on the website grabbing links, I noticed she has a launch bundle available here at the moment for both plates AND a new coloured holographic plate holder.  They look pretty stunning.  I have a silver one and it's great!  

$14.99 USD/plate
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...


No comments: