Friday, March 15, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Books - Romeo and Juliet

Hey there!  We're at the end of the week and that means my final book mani for The Digit-al Dozen's theme this month.  I won't even pretend like these were particularly inspired.  I bought this Romeo and Juliet plate knowing this theme was coming up and because my sister teaches Romeo and Juliet in her English class and I thought she might like to use it one day.  I did read Romeo and Juliet back in the day (for fun, not even for school, that's how big a nerd I am) but this is another instance where the movie wins over the books.  I have probably seen Baz Luhrmann's rendition of Romeo and Juliet 50 times.  What can I say, just like for The Great Gatsby which I did the other day, his movies are really exciting versions of pretty dull books.  Not that Romeo and Juliet is dull, but old English just isn't my thing...



For these I used a base of OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons and tried to distress it a bit with a darker brown (Get In The Espresso Lane) thinned out with acetone.  I love this technique when going for a vintage look but it's not super apparent here.  



All the stamping was done with images from Clear Jelly Stamper's CJS-V16 (Juliet's Love Story) plate.  I stamped the lettering (which is actually a passage from the book) with Moyra Dark Brown and everything else with Mundo de Unas Black, Reddish, Yellow, Blood Moon and Bronze.


To finish, I applied a coat of OPI matte top coat and called it done!  


And that's the end of book week.  Next month's theme is another tough one but I'm looking forward to getting started on those anyway.  Normally I've already done the next month's nails by the time that DD week rolls around but I'm way behind this month!  And I'll be gone for vacation for a week which means I'll be time crunched.  But I have faith that I won't miss it.  I haven't missed a Digit-al Dozen week yet and I'm not planning to start <- That's my pep talk to myself! 

Check out the rest of the group's final book nails in the links down below!

'Til next time...

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: