Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Look Up - Tropical Painting

Hey there!  For the middle of The Digit-al Dozen's week of Look Up manis, I have something that seems unbelievable considering I live in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada...palm trees!  But this is indeed something I see every time I look up from my couch.  Unfortunately it's not what I see when I look out the window.  Instead, it's a painting I bought on vacation a million years ago.  I don't even remember if it was in Mexico or the Dominican Republic but it was definitely one of those two lovely, warm places.  And now it lives under one of the clocks I talked about yesterday...



First, here's the phone picture of the painting.  It's a tall, narrow canvas so I had to improvise a bit to make this a 5-finger mani.  


I used a black base for these (obviously).  I opted for Moonflower Polish Noche for them, a nice opaque black so I didn't have to do a bunch of coats.  


The rest was freehand with white and grey acrylic paint and then Glisten & Glow matte top coat.  


I'm not a great artist but I have to admit I was so darn happy with how these turned out.  I even took a picture of my hand with the painting!


That's all for today.  Sorry there's not more words to describe today's mani.  Just one opaque polish, paint and done!  I say that mostly ironically since freehanding is not so easy peasy for me which is why I love these so much.  Needless to say, this is a mani I didn't do on both hands...

'Til next time...


No comments: