Friday, November 16, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Look Up/Nail Crazies Unite - Fall Foliage

Hey there!  Alas, we've come to yet another end to a Digit-al Dozen's theme.  In case you haven't read this week, we've been doing manis inspired by what we see when we "Look Up".  Until today, all my manis have been pretty colourless but I made up for it today!  It also happens to be Nail Crazies Unite Fall Foliage day so I tried to mimic (as closely as possible) what I saw when I was out and about on a Saturday afternoon two weeks ago.  The skies were bright blue and the river valley was full of evergreen trees and other conifers which had turned yellow (side note: I seriously didn't know there were conifers that changed color until this year and they're absolutely gorgeous).  Most of the other trees had lost their leaves so there were already a lot of naked branches out there but at least there was some other color.  Since then it has snowed again and the yellow conifers have dropped their needles so I guess I'll have to wait a few months before I get to see anything other than grey and green now...



The start of this was 2 coats of KBShimmer Peach For The Sky.  It really is a good representation for a big blue Alberta sky.  On top of that I added a few clouds using acetone-thinned Mundo de Unas White and Light Grey.  


For the stamping I used the evergreen images from Lina Nail Art Supplies Winter 02 with Mundo de Unas Black, Mustard and Military Green.  Then I added some naked trees and bushes from the same plate using Tape, Caramel and Chocolate and topped with Glisten & Glow top coat.  



I'm really curious about the rest of you guys have for fall foliage right now.  Are there places that really still have leaves or, even more, do any of you guys still have trees that haven't changed color?  It would be so lovely to live somewhere with a late fall like that.  

'Til next time...



No comments: