Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Look Up - Clocks

Hey there!  Continuing with this week's Digit-al Dozen theme of Look Up (The First Thing You See), I did some time-related stamping.  I realized that I am VERY uncomfortable when I don't know what time it is (which is somewhat ironic since I'm almost always late for everything).  The only time that doesn't apply is when I'm at the lake since that's the place where I'm relaxed and time has no meaning.  But at home, I've been wearing a watch since I was in grade 4, there's a clock in both my labs (and in the lab through the window where I frequently check their clock to make sure mine is correct), a clock in my bedroom, two in the kitchen and one in the living room.  Not to mention, my computer, my phone, my car and my PVR.  So, while none of my clocks are as fancy as this stamping image, I certainly look up and see the time almost constantly.



Rather than just painting my nails beige and stamping a black and white clock on them (which is more like real life), I decided to bust out the alcohol inks to make the base for my design today.  First I used two coats of Madam Glam Perfect White (I think it's almost empty but just a couple days ago I realized I had a backup so that'll save me a few dollars) and dabbed on some Adirondack alcohol inks that I bought at Michaels. I forgot how much I like playing with these so I might do another alcohol ink mani this week.  


The clock image is from Moyra 05 (Vintage) and it certainly is vintage-looking.  For it I used Mundo de Unas Black (I needed a heavy black to get all the clock detail to transfer) and filled it with Hit The Bottle Snowed In and Rosegold Glow.  Then I top coated with Glisten & Glow top coat.  



I hope I'm not the only one out there who has a weird obsession with knowing the time.  Maybe it's because I do often have places to be but I try to squeeze in as much other stuff beforehand as possible.  I am certainly turning into my mom in that respect...

'Til next time...


No comments: