Monday, November 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Look Up - Ceiling Tiles

Press  Sample

Hey there!  It's time for this month's week of Digit-al Dozen goodness!  This month our theme was "Look Up - First Thing You See".  This one was a challenging but fun one, that I took quite literally.  It also taught me that I don't have a whole lot of color around me which is a bit depressing!  I ended up with almost all black/white/grey or shades of beige designs this week.  My first one was inspired by what I see when I look up ~40 hours per week...the plain old ceiling tiles in my office at work.  You know the kind.  They're grey with little holes in them and can be found in pretty much every office across the land.  I actually did two manis with this idea, the first with stamping, but I prefer this one using stencils.



For these I started with a dark grey base, Color Club Muse-ical, even though the pieces around the ceiling tiles at work are actually light grey.  If I would've used a light color, I wouldn't have been able to see the contrast and I couldn't have that!  



Then I used the Whats Up Nails Stained Glass Stencils (previously reviewed here in a different DD post last year) with Cirque Colors Hatch.  That speckled grey looks so much like the tiles, it was perfect.  


Since Hatch isn't super opaque, I had to put it on pretty thick and messed up some of the stencil lines. I tried to go back in and fix them up but it's far from perfect.  But they're still prettier than my actual work ceiling!  Maybe I should've done the ceiling in the lab which is all sorts of pipes and other industrial looking stuff that I don't understand...


That's all for today.  You can check out the other ladies' takes on what they see when they look up in the links below.  I think it's going to be a fun little look into people's lives.  But wow, that sounds WAY creepier than I meant it!

'Til next time...


No comments: