Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Tropical Reverse Leadlighting

Hey there!  For awhile now, all my nail art has either been for reviews or nail art challenge groups (which I feel the utmost need to keep up on) but today's nails was something I did entirely for fun.  I think I've mentioned that I recently bought the Essie Silk Colors sheer polishes to add to my leadlighting collection.  Since there really doesn't seem to be any white in any of them, I thought they'd be perfect for some reverse leadlighting.  I was motivated by @ladyandthe_stamp's #hawaiianshirtfriday and wanted to do a sort of Hawaiian shirt print myself.  But Friday's are always nail challenge group days for me (either 26 Great Nail Art Ideas or Nail Crazies Unite) so Tuesday it is!



These started with a black base of A England Camelot which I then stamped in white with MoYou London Tropical Tropical 02 (flowers) or 12 (leaves).


Then I covered that white with the sheer Essie Silk Colors (Blush Stroke, Art New-Beau, Muse, Myself, Pen & Inky and No Shrinking Violet).  Since there's not really a green in this collection for some reason, I had to make one myself by mixing some Pen & Inky and Muse, Myself.  



It's a bit messy but it was still fun to wear something just for me.  Not that I don't love my review/ challenge mani's too.  I'm going to the cabin for a week next week and not bringing any review stuff with me (since my photos there are never very good) so maybe I'll have more just-for-fun nails coming up.  Or maybe I'll just enjoy re-reading Harry Potter and sitting in the sun.  We'll see!  


That's all for today!  I know it's the 4th of July tomorrow so for those of you in the states, have a great holiday and stay safe.

'Til next time...

No comments: