Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Bundle Monster + Black Queen Nails BM-XL221 Stamping Plate Review

Affiliate Code

Hey there!  Today I have a couple manis to share that I did with Bundle Monster's collaboration stamping plate with Black Queen Nails Design.  Honestly, I thought this plate would be a bit limiting with all the face images on it (you can see the plate design after the jump) but I actually really like it. I wouldn't put all the pretty ladies into a single mani but the make a great accent.  I also did some simple stamping with a couple of my favourite polishes for my second mani.  That one might be up more folks alley but I personally love how the first one turned out.


BM-XL221



As you can see this plate it a pretty mix of mostly female faces and botanical/floral images.  Since all the ladies have flowers in their images, they go really well together.  The images were a bit large for me but I could still get a good amount onto my nail without losing the effect.  


My first mani used a pile of techniques but it was so worth it.  I wanted a negative space mani so I started with OPI's sheer nude, Barre My Soul.  Then I did some reverse/advanced stamping with Mundo de Unas Black and filled all the parts I wanted to color with white (OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls) and transferred it to my nails.  Lastly I painted over that with sheer polish (Essie's Silk Watercolors line of polishes which I've been using SO much lately).  I think it turned out quite pretty, if I do say so myself.  




My second mani was much simpler.  I used a polish that I've had so long and love so much that I treat it like gold.  It's  the long-discontinued Ozotic 602.  I did the stamping over black with a good match for it, Hit The Bottle Champagne Shifter.  Don't they pair up well?  



I'm so impressed by bloggers who do stamping plate collaborations with makers.  Wouldn't it be cool to come up with a plate of your own designs?  I'm not sure I'm personally creative enough but I sure do love playing with other people's creations!  I have one more collaboration plate to blog soon and I saw that Bundle Monster just came out with a plate with Glitterfingersss so I'm happy to see that trend isn't ending anytime soon!

$6.50 USD/plate
Available at Bundle Monster
Use code COPY10 to save 10% off your order 

'Til next time...


No comments: