Monday, July 9, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does White - Clouds

Hey there!  It's a new Digit-al Dozen week!  This week we have the theme of "White".  I have a feeling I voted for this theme but when it came to actually doing my nails, I could only picture white nails...which would make for a mighty boring week.  Instead I tried to think of things that are white (or at least have white in their names) which was still challenging but kind of fun.  I'd been wanting to do cloudy nails for awhile and clouds are white so that's my day 1.



At first I was planning on using a couple of Essie polishes for my gradient so I started with a base of Essie Fiji.  But the polishes weren't opaque enough to gradient with so I switched to the good stuff and used Girly Bits Love Yourself First, Beautiful Soul and Ambition.  They made the perfect dusty sunset gradient that I wanted. 

For the clouds I used just slightly water white and grey acrylic paint and ended with Glisten & Glow top coat.  


I think they turned out pretty cloud-like, if I do say so myself.  I'm glad I branched out and didn't go for my trusty stamping plates for this one.  



I'm actually away on holidays this week so I'm scheduling my posts a few days early.  Hopefully you can see some more DD links below.  If not, please go find the other ladies and check out how they interpreted our color theme this month.

'Til next time...



No comments: