Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Bundle Monster Tattoo Artist Collab Collection Stamping Plate Review

Affiliate Code

Hey there! Bundle Monster has just released a crazy interesting new Tattoo Artist Collab Collection of stamping plates and I was lucky enough to get to play with them before my little vacation last week.  This set of 5 plates has been put together by Bundle Monster and, get this, some amazing tattoo artists!!  The Tattoo Collaboration is a set of 5 6 x 12 cm plates, each with a variety of images created by 4 tattoo artists.  What they came up with are some insanely unique images that I’ve never seen on a stamping plate before.  It was a blast translating them onto my little nail canvasses.  I also have a brand new affiliate code so you can use COPY10 to save 10% on your order.  


First, here’s the set of plates being released.  They’re all numbered as usual with BM-XL406-410 but you’ll notice along the bottom is says “b.m.c. x “ followed by the artists name.  Wouldn’t it be cool to have your name on a stamping plate like that?  I used quite a few of the images and have to say that the etching was great.  Deep enough to get a good transfer but not so deep that they were hard to clean.  I hate when plates just shred the pads I clean them with.  Well there was none of that here.  These plates are quality.  My lack of creativity did struggle coming up with an idea of how to use all the images in a single mani but then I decided, that’s so not mandatory. Instead I picked one or two from each and rolled with them.  A lot of these would work wonderfully as accent nails if you want a more subtle nail art look.



That middle image just screamed out at me to create a Hawaiian scene so that’s what I tried to accomplish.  I wanted it bright so I used Color Club Pure Energy as the base for most (except my ring finger started with a white base to make the neons pop more).  I did reverse/advanced stamping with Mundo de Unas Black filled with Color Club What A Shock, Volt of Light, Tangerine Scream, Electric Candy and Ultra Violet (along with a smidge of Hit The Bottle Taupe-lessly Devoted, Make Mine a Mudslide, A Flock of Seagulls and Mundo de Unas Bronze).  Then I finished with a shiny top coat of Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard.




Destroy Troy's plate had a real variety of interesting images.  I opted to use the snakes over a magnetic polish (KBShimmer Solar Flare) stamped with Hit The Bottle To Have and To Gold.  This was easy but super neato with the magnetic base.  


BM-XL408 (with Aaron Is Tattoo)


I absolutely love the gradiented look a lot of these images had.  I used a couple of them over a black base, stamped with Mundo de Unas White. Then I sponged on OPI Color Paints (Indigo Motif, Magenta Muse, Landscape Artist, Turquoise Aesthetic, Chromatic Orange and Prismatic Purple) and finished with KBShimmer Oh Matte! top coat.  




This plate is full of surrealistic images.  Since there were quite a few alien images, I used two of them over Fair Maiden Polish Interstellar (a gorgeous Polish Pickup polish with a fitting name) stamped with Mundo de Unas Black, filled with Essie No Place Like Chrome.  I didn't perfectly center these but I hope you can still read the "Stay Weird" space ship.  That was my favourite from this plate.  




Katja must have had a lot of appropriate images in mind to be able to come up with two full stamping plates.  I love the moon images on this plate but they'd be far too large for me (and I'm terrible at shrinking images).  Instead, I did some gradient stamping with the giant lotus-like image with Mundo de Unas Violet, Fantasy and Velvet over Vapid Lacquer Surprise, I'm Drunk Dirty Holo and topped it with Vibrant Vinyls Fast & Hard top coat.  


This set is available now from the Bundle Monster website.  You might have seen that Bundle Monster is actually rebranding their name and will soon be known as Maniology.  I don't adapt well to change but I do think this name will suit their nail art-focussed brand better.  I'll still be using my years worth of Bundle Monster plates a lot so I'm not sure how I'll reference the plate names in the future but that's not a worry for now!  In the meantime, the Bundle Monster website hasn't changed and all their links can be found below.

$26.50 USD/set of 5 plates
$6.50 USD/individual plate
Use code COPY10 to save 10%
Available at Bundle Monster

'Til next time...


No comments: