Friday, July 27, 2018

Moonflower Polish Enchanted Rose - August 2018 Polish Pickup

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Today I have the upcoming polish from Moonflower Polish, Enchanted Rose, for August's Polish Pickup theme of Musicals.  Like Nadia, I'm not a big musical fan but I do love Disney movies so her Beauty and the Beast inspiration was right up my alley.  And the fact that this holographic pink polish was a dream on its own AND stamps, made me so happy.  Keep reading to see more details on how I tested it out.  If you're a pink polish lover, I'd say get this on your PPU wishlist as soon as you can.  It is capped at 75 bottles so don't wait!


First, I tried out Enchanted Rose as regular polish.  It's a bright pink holographic with a formula that is  basically perfection - butter-y and self-levelling.  It could be used as a one-coater and it dries shiny even without top coat.  But since I'm a creature of habit, I used two coats plus top coat. The first three photos were taken in my light box and the fourth is in direct artificial light.  But I'm well aware that I never do holographic polish justice.  It was way more holo than this in real life.  





direct light

To try it as a stamping polish (Nadia's polish expertise), I tried it over black and white base colors.  Personally I really love it over black.  The holo pops more and the color is still very clear.  Over white, I found that the holographic effect was lost but it's still a pretty pink stamping polish.  I found that it didn't pick up well with a clear stamper so I used a silicone stamper for these.  





Lastly, since Enchanted Rose is SO opaque as regular polish, I knew it'd be really easy to use with to color in some reverse stamping.  I used its name as inspiration and stamped some roses from Born Pretty BP-73 (using Moonflower Polish Noche as the stamping polish), coloured them in with Enchanted Rose and applied them over Moonflower Polish Tortuga.  




I ended up adding a matte top coat to this and loved it, even though matte kills holo.  



Enchanted Rose will be available in the Polish Pickup shop on August 3, 2018 at 11 am EST.  The shop should open for viewing on July 29th so get this one your wishlist when its added.  

$12 USD/15 mL bottle 
capped at 75 bottles
Available at Polish Pickup on August 3, 2018


'Til next time...


No comments: