Thursday, July 12, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does White - Opals

Hey there!  Okay, let me start by saying that my fourth Digit-al Dozen does White design did not turn out how they did in my head.  Opals are my favourite stone and they're white (with flecks of awesomeness) so I thought that would make a good "white" mani.  I don't know what these turned into but they weren't very opalescent.  I think they were too sparkly.  But I'm using them anyway because the idea was still fun even if the execution was poor.  Plus it took awhile with all the gel polish curing so I'm sticking with them!



I started out with a base of Madam Glam Perfect White gel polish.  I totally forgot that when I wrote up the post the other days saying I didn't use any white base colors this week.  Probably because I covered this with so much stuff that I forgot they were once white.  



Since opals do have flashes of color, I sponged on bits of Madam Glam All Natural, Light Lilac and Aqua Blue.  But I don't think that color made a bit of different since I put so many flakies on top.  For the flakies, I used Whats Up Nails Aurora, Mermaid, Mystery and Tropic Flakies mixed with builder gel to start build the stones.  They were really quite 3D.  Then I outlined ovals with Madam Glam Perfect Black and cured them.  


The gold was supposed to be like a place setting but I think that's where these went wrong.  I outlined them with Moyra gold foil gel and then dabbed on gold foil.  


At the end of this mani, all I can say is thank goodness for peel off base.  I did do both hands and wore them for a day or two but I can't imagine trying to get through all that builder gel in a traditional way.  Gotta love nail polish inventions!  

'Til next time...

No comments: