Friday, July 20, 2018

26 Great Nail Art Ideas - Stars

Hey there!  Today's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas theme is one I love...Stars!  However, the star mani I planned to post for this ended up looking like crap...booooo!!  Luckily I had a mani that I did over a year ago that I never posted for some reason that fits the theme perfectly.  So here we have some almost-ancient star stamping over a KBShimmer gradient.  You all know how much I love my KBShimmer cremes, partially because they make such good gradients!



The gradient was done with 2 coats of Little Boy Hue as a base then with Stonewashed and Soul Deep gradiented on.


The stamping was from Bundle Monster BM-XL201 (the collaboration plate with Elleandish) and Winstonia W420.  This was the second time I used that Bundle Monster star image.  The first time I used it was over purple and the purple bled right through my white stamping.  Now I always make sure to top coat purple REALLY well before I stamp white over it.  I'm glad this mani didn't bleed.  


To finish, I topped with OPI's matte top coat.  Does it remind anyone else of the Care Bear Bedtime Bear...he was my first Care Bear and will always be my favourite.


And, since I like showing fails sometimes, here's the mani I wanted to do.  Vivid Lacquer VL040 has a great realistic night sky image but when I actually used it, it just looked like blobs.  I definitely need to do glow in the dark stars again sometime though.  


That's all for today!  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

'Til next time...



No comments: