Monday, February 22, 2016

HPB Presents My First Indie Polish and Stamping Plate

Hey there!  For those of you who don't know, there's a Facebook group called Hobby Polish Bloggers full of incredibly knowledgeable, you guessed it, nail polish bloggers.  Every month there's a link up organized with really fun themes.  This month we're doing posts dedicated to the first indie brand we purchased from.  So I went back through all my years of online purchases and found what my very first indie polish purchase was, polish AND stamping plate.  The culprits that I have to blame for my now rampant indie addiction?  Pretty & Polished Blood Clot and Nailz Craze NC01!



I was so happy that it turns out I still have my first indie purchase.  It's a gross name but a pretty neat polish.  It looks like Blood Clot is no longer available but I thought I'd watch it anyway.  It's a sheer red jelly base with multiple sizes of red hex glitter.  It's pretty sheer so I layered it over KBShimmer Chilly Pepper (since KBShimmer Snow Way! was my second indie purchase).



I also figured out what my first indie plate purchase was.  I had already dabbled in stamping with Bundle Monster, Konad and Pueen but I saw some awesome Nailz Craze stamping manis so NC01 was meant to be mine.  Luckily it is still available!  I stamped with Mundo de Unas Blue and made a tiny advanced stamping heart on a clear stamper for my accent nail.  


I was having stamping issues that night and couldn't avoid the gaps in the image which is strange since I've never had an issue with this plate.  Maybe my old stamper is on its way out.  



Are you as curious to see other folks first indies as I am?  If you are, they can be found in the posts below.  This will be fun!  

'Til next time...



No comments: