Friday, February 19, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Nail Heroes/40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Red Patchwork KBShimmer

Hey there!  It's the final day of The Digit-al Dozen's Nail Heroes week AND Red week for 40 Great Nail Art Ideas.  I was given the prompt of Patchwork to go along with the red theme and here's what I came up with...a patchwork of KBShimmer polishes (mostly red) with Bundle Monster stamping.  It's not the worst thing I've ever done but I wish it could've been better, especially considering how much I love KBShimmer polishes.  I feel like I could've given them a better tribute.  But I like the challenge of combining multiple prompts into a single mani and sometimes it comes out a mess.  Luckily I have at least 47 other posts using KBShimmer polishes so you don't have to judge the brand on this one design.



I wanted to do a mani with all KBShimmer polishes because they really are my go-to, especially for cremes.  I do my nails almost every night and I have to remind myself, when I have an idea of what I want to do, to try to think of polishes to use other than KBShimmer, just to spread the love around a bit.  There's no collections I look forward to more than new KBShimmer collections!  For these I used all the reds that I own (plus a silver).  The polishes I used are:

Diamond
Ruby
Such a Vlad-Ass
Chilly Pepper
Leaf of Faith


I made my patches on the Uber Mat over Wet n Wild clear coat and then stamped some of them with Bundle Monster BM-XL106, 152, 153 or 155.  Then I cut them into pieces and applied them over my base of KBShimmer Diamond.


Lastly I added the outlines and stitches with black acrylic paint and finished with HK Girl.  



So we say goodbye to yet another Digit-al Dozen week.  This theme was super fun to me but some of the upcoming themes are going to be a blast!  Until then, check out the final DD Nail Heroes and the rest of the red designs in the links below.  

'Til next time...



No comments: