Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Nail Heroes - Clairestelle8, pipe dream polish and China Glaze

Hey there!  For Day 2 of The Digit-al Dozens week celebrating our nail heroes, I wanted to re-do a mani from one of my favourite instagrammers, @clairestelle8.  There's a couple of reasons why I love Claire's account so much.  Not only is she an amazing nail artist but she tends to use a lot of bright colors, all at once (which I LOVE) AND she's absolutely hilarious.  If you've never come across her account before, seriously, go read her captions.  They never fail to make me laugh out loud!  Since Claire's accounts are filled with neon, I used it as an opportunity to also celebrate a couple of my favourite neon polish makers - pipe dream polish and China Glaze.



I fell in love with this mani of Claire's the second I saw it.  I bought those vinyls just so I could copycat it one day and this theme finally gave me the excuse to sit down and do it.  Not to complain but these took forever.  I started with a white base and then tried to gradient lighter coloured neons, all from the China Glaze Summer 2013 Sunsational collection -my favourite China Glaze collection ever and darker neons, from the pipe dream polish ANIVC collection.  But ANIVC wasn't opaque enough so I did the last layer of the gradient with the SCC collection.  I'm lucky to have gotten my hands on both the pipe dream polish collections.  They're my most treasured polishes.  It's sad that they're no longer available but I understand why April stopped making them (I believe it was a combination of lack of supplies and just being plain ol' neon'ed out).

Here's a full list of the polishes I used:
Purples - China Glaze That’s Shore Bright, pdp vip pass and Harlequin
Pinks- China Glaze Bottoms Up, pdp On The List and masquerader
Blues - China Glaze Too Yacht To Handle - pdp Happy Hour and Celebration
Greens  - China Glaze Highlight of My Summer. pdp High Roller and Tabanca
Oranges - China Glaze Sun of a Peach, pdp 110 Degrees and Rhythm


I then used the Twinkled T Sketched Hearts vinyls.  First I sponged on a bit of white (to ensure the reciprocal gradient would show up) and then sponged on the same colors as the base, in reverse.  This was made matte with Essie Matte About You.  


Lastly, because Claire is wearing a cute gold "love" ring in her photo, I stamped the wording on using an image from Bundle Monster BM-XL201 and Mundo de Unas Gold.  


I can't wait to see what inspires the rest of my Digit-al Dozen friends.  I bet we're going to see some pretty clever nails this week (attached to some pretty clever gals).  You can see what day 2 brings us in the links below.  

'Til next time...


No comments: