Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Traditions - Day 3 Misty Mints

Hey there!  It's the middle of The Digit-al Dozen's Traditions week and today's nails look nothing like what you would expect from a holiday mani.  This is my very abstract representation of some cream cheese/coconut cookies that someone in my family makes every year.  Unfortunately these cookies have no name - we call them misty mints but, really, that's just the name of the mints that go on top.  They might be nameless but, trust me, they're delicious.  



Like I said, these cookies are just icing sugar, cream cheese and dried coconut mixed together and then topped with a pastel chocolate mint and then cooled.  I tried finding a name of a recipe online and couldn't but I did find this blog that has a photo of what sounds like the same thing.  It looks like she's from the same part of Canada as me so maybe they're a prairie thing...

image source
Now that you can see them, maybe my nails will make more sense.  For my nails I did a black base of Trust Fund Beauty I Can't Even (for no reason other than I thought it'd look cool) and then added white dots with Trust Fund Beauty Blow.

For the inner dot "mints" I used Picture Polish Honeydew, Fairy Floss, Gelato and Mellow Yellow.  I finished off with HK Girl and was good to go.  



My misty mints mani is what I was wearing a couple of weeks ago for my birthday so my mom and sisters saw them when we went out for dinner but no one approved of my abstract interpretation.  So I did a more literal interpretation as a joke below.  I'm going to text them the photo now and see if they approve...


Don't forget to see what the rest of the group has got going on for us today.  December has been a tough month on a few of the girls so there might not be a dozen of us but the manis coming out so far this week have been really fun!  

'Til next time...




No comments: