Friday, December 11, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Winter

Hey there!  This week our 40 Great Nail Art Ideas theme is Winter.  As a Canadian, I'm well versed in all things winter.  I know, I know, I'm propagating the stereotype that Canada is a frozen wasteland...I promise it isn't winter all the time but winter can feel very long some years.  In fact, this year has been really mild so far.  I was going to do a snowflake design for today's theme but, since I've done snowflakes a couple of times already this year (with more to come, I'm sure) I decided to do a mani that represents another part of winter, especially here in Canada...hockey!  The NHL season starts in October, a surefire way to know that winter is coming.  So here's a hockey mani using the Edmonton Oiler's colors.  They're even on a bit of a winning streak right now, which is fantastic because they're not exactly the best team in the league.



For these I started with a white base of KBShimmer Eyes White Open and then added the blue and orange to the gradient with OPI Eurso Euro and Dance Legend 306.  


There is a severe lack of hockey stamping images so my fellow Canadian, Canadian Nail Fanatic, put some on her custom Fig Tree Stamps plate (that I also purchased).  They gave me some problems but I think you get the gist of it.  


So there you have my slightly unusual take on winter nails.  You can see the rest of the folks' winter manis below.  I bet there's some pretty ones!

'Til next time...

No comments: