Friday, December 4, 2015

40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Glitter/Flakie Topper

Hey there!  Wow, I'm a terrible blogger.  I've been gone for a whole week for no reason other than wanting to take a little break.  But I'm back today with this week's edition of Crumpet's Nail Tarts 40 Great Nail Art Ideas.  This week's prompt was a tough one for some of us see as how glitter/flakie toppers don't go particularly well with some of the designs.  I was given the mosaic/stained glass design prompt which I decided to achieve by sponging on the flakie topper to opacity.  That still counts...right???



The topper I used was ILNP Kaleidoscope, the most multicoloured flakie they have, as far as I know.  I sponged on one of ILNP's flakies to opacity before but this one took a lot more passes...as in approximately 6.  Since it took so much sponging, I have to show how it looks without the stamping. It's cooler close up than far away, in my opinion. 



Then to fulfill the stained glass/mosaic look I stamped this image from my lasted Dashica order, from plate Infinity-158, that I thought could pass for stained glass.  I stamped it with Mundo de Unas Black and then added HK Girl top coat for the glossy look.


I like seeing how flakies look matte so I ended up wearing it with OPI matte top coat like this.  It kind of lost its color when it was matte which was sad.    



That's all for today.  I definitely shouldn't be disappearing for a week again.  Now if I could just find the motivation to crop some photos so I have something to post!  

'Til next time...



No comments: