Friday, December 18, 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Traditions Day 5 AND 40 Great Nail Art Ideas - Christmas

Hey there!  Today I'm doubling up on challenges.  I have the final day of The Digit-al Dozens Traditions and 40 Great Nail Art Ideas Christmas prompt.  Yesterday I posted a look with a Christmas tree and presents, my family's Christmas morning tradition.  Following presents, we have breakfast (always bacon and eggs) and THEN we open our stockings.  My mom is an amazing seamstress so, over the years, she has sewn all of our stockings...including many of the family pets, boyfriends, random visitors, etc.  This year she has even sewn my niece's stuffed toy a stocking of its own...



Traditions seem to tell me that most people hang stockings on a fireplace or something similar.  We've always hung ours on the railing/banister.  Growing up the railing was a dark brown woodgrain but it has since been painted but it'll always be dark brown in my mind so that's what I did for the background today.  I started with 2 coats of OPI Love is Hot and Coal and then stamped a woodgrain pattern from Bundle Monster BM-608 with Mundo de Unas Caramel.  I then stamped some garland with Mundo de Unas Dark Green with a part of an image from BM-S213, but you can't see it very well.  


Lastly the stockings are stamping decals made with Bundle Monster BM-S218 from the Holiday Occasions set (previously reviewed here) and a variety of Mundo de Unas polishes.  


That's it for this month's Digit-al Dozen theme.  Next month should be a fun one so I hope you come back for that in a few weeks.  In the meantime you can see the rest of the Digit-al Dozen's AND The Crumpet's Nail Tarts manis for today's theme below.  

'Til next time...





No comments: