Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Digit-al Dozen does Whimsy: Fairy Nail Stamping

Hey there!  To continue with my interpretation of our Digit-al Dozen Whimsy theme, I have another mythical creature. Fairies are mighty whimsical, in my opinion, so they were on my list of things to do for this week from the beginning.  A couple of my DD friends have already done some ridiculously beautiful...and I do mean BEAUTIFUL fairy manis that I encourage you to check out.  Cathy's are here and Cheyenne's are here and they both are breathtaking.  I thought my shiny base was pretty but it pales in comparison.  Luckily nail art isn't a competition so I'm not embarrassed to post these fairies on my attempt at an opal base.



I'm always on the hunt for a way to make nails looks like opals (my favourite stones) and Glitterfingersss has a good tutorial here that I kind of followed.  I started with Essie Marshmallow and then did a non-linear gradient (meaning I put blobs of different colored polish randomly on the sponge and applied it like a gradient).  For the colors I used Lime Crime Parfait Day, Lavendairy, Once In A Blue Mousse, Pastelchio, Crema de Limon and Peaches & Cream.  Then I started with the glitters and flakies.  I used Color Club Snow-Flakes, China Glaze Luxe and Lush, Cirque Magic Hour then one coat Girly Bits January Morning and another coat Snow-Flakes.  It was probably sparkle overkill but I didn't want to fuss with individually applying pieces like Lexa did.  


Then I added my whimsical stamping starting with white stars from Born Pretty BP-06.  


Then using Mundo de Unas Dark Grey I added Fairies and more stars from CZ08 and MoYou London Fairytale 01. Finally, I finished with HK Girl.  


I took A LOT of photos of this mani so here's a couple more.  



Thanks for stopping by today.  Hopefully you can check out the rest of the Digit-al Dozen's Whimsy nails in the links below.  Enjoy!

'Til next time...

No comments: