Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Delush Polish DP02 Dazed & Enthused Stamping Plate Review

Press  Sample

Hey there!  Last week I shared my first impressions of the Delush polish brand with a review of a couple of polishes and the DP01 stamping plate.  In case you didn't read it, I had nothing but good things to say about this brand and that's going to continue on.  Today I have two more polishes and the second of her new stamping plates, DP02 also known as Dazed & Enthused.  I think of the three stamping plates I have/will be reviewing, this one could be my favourite.  I love how today's looks turned out using it.


Dazed & Enthused (DP02) is a 6 x 12 cm engraved stamping plate with 12 16 x 20 mm images.  I have no complaints about the etching of the plate as all the images I tried stamped beautifully.  


My first swatch is of Bitchcraft, a black jelly polish filled with purple-pink and holographic glitters of all shapes and sizes.  At first I didn't think I was going to really like this polish but, once I got it onto my nail, I realized how wrong I was.  I absolutely liked it, especially with the stamping below.  This is three coats plus top coat.  



I was so hesitant to use this first stamping image because @lylynails had already done the most amazing mani ever using it.  But I pushed away my insecurities and used it anyways and I'm so thankful I did.  I loved this Mundo de Unas Bronze stamping over the jelly/glitter polish.  



See, this is why I love stamping images with lots of negative space.  You gotta let those pretty polishes shine through!  



The second polish today is Amazemint, a mint green crelly with mint and white glitters, a lovely color for spring.  This is three coats plus top coat.  



For the stamping, I did some advanced stamping on a clear stamper and applied it directly to my nail. I stamped with Mundo de Unas white and filled in the with Trust Fund Beauty I'm Kind of a Big Deal.  After not quite entering the image on my middle finger perfectly, I stamped a bit extra in the corner to make it look like it was on purpose...maybe I shouldn't have told you that, haha!  



For my third and final mani today, I did this gradient-type stamping.  I don't know whether or not to call it a gradient since I just tried to get different shades of black/white/grey blended together in a random pattern.  The base is KBShimmer How You Dune?.  The end result was made matte with Essie Matte About You.  



That's all for today.  I hope you like these swatches/stamping manis as much as I do.  If you're interested in any of these products, the links to Delush Polish can be found below.  

$8.95/15 mL polish
$8.50/plate
Available at Delush Polish

'Til next time...




No comments: