Monday, February 23, 2015

Houndstooth Nail Stamping

Hey there!  This week's prompts for the 52 Week Pick n Mix Challenge are Houndstooth and Red, Yellow and Orange.  At first I was going to try to incorporate both themes but in the end I wanted a classic black and white houndstooth pattern so I skipped a couple of colors.  I absolutely loved wearing these nails.  I felt like I belonged in the 1950's or something!



For the houndstooth nails, I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls as a white base that I stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and Lily Anna 11.


The red nails are 2 coats of Zoya Sooki, one of my favourite reds...possibly because I love True Blood so much.  To tie the red with the black and white I used black and white studs that I bought either from Born Pretty Store or eBay.  And then I made it all shiny with a coat of HK Girl top coat.  



I'm so glad I skipped the orange and yellow and wore these instead!  Orange and yellow has their place but I liked this so much more.

'Til next time...



No comments: