Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Swimsuit-Inspired Geometric Stamping

Hey there!  This month the Nail Challenge Collaborative Facebook group has a fun theme...but one that is super hard for fashion-challenged me!  We're doing "inspired by a garment" mani.  But honestly, I pretty much only wear solid colors (though I do love stripes too) so I was tempted to just paint my nails black and call it a day!  But I looked at what I had laying around.  I had just done laundry so my swimsuit was hanging out to dry and I thought it would make a pretty cool nail design so that's what I did!



Since I used really opaque polishes, these really took no time to do.  I used one coat Sally Hansen Cerulean (one of the Crayola polishes) as a base (love one-coaters!) and then lightly sponged on some Denimc and Pronto Purple.


Then I just stamped with Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 07 and Mundo de Unas Black.  Finished with KBShimmer Clearly On Top and was done!



Lastly, here's a photo with a bit more of my swim suit.  I didn't get the pattern exactly but I think it's close enough!  Now I just need the weather to warm up enough that I can actually wear this in the lake again before it freezes!


'Til next time...








No comments: