Monday, June 17, 2019

Maniology Mani X Me Box - June 2019

Affiliate Code

Hey there!  Happy Monday everybody!  Today I'm sharing my look at this month's Maniology Mani X Me Box, Memphis Mod.  The Mani X Me Box is a monthly subscription box with 2 plates, 2 stamping polishes (which can also be used as regular polish) and an extra.  That being said, you can opt out any month or just buy month by month so it's not a huge commitment.  But if you're not someone who has accumulated a big stash of stamping polishes, it's a great way to build your collection at a very reasonable cost.  I'll be honest, when I first saw this month's preview, I wasn't fully sold on it but when I did these manis last week, I kinda fell in love with it.  The polishes are perfect for summer and the plates encourage some fun geometric looks.  Plus, the pineapple plate holder is absolutely adorable.  If this (or any other Maniology products) interests you, please use the code COPY10 to save yourself some money!



Flashdance


The first polish in the box is Flashdance but I have to admit that my photos are not color accurate.  I really tried but this type of pastel neon coral doesn't photograph well with my camera.  It's photographing more pink and lighter than it is in real life.  Such a shame because I LOVE this color.  Formula-wise, it did apply with some ridges but nothing a single coat of top coat didn't completely do away with.  This is two coats plus top coat.  


Jazzercise


Jazzercise (holy 80's flashbacks!) is a bright sky blue polish.  The formula on it was easy peasy.  This is two coats plus top coat but it was very opaque at a single coat.  


MXM009


The MXM009 has about 2/3 of the space taken with some fun 80's style letters, numbers and symbols.  The rest if filled with small geometric images of all shapes.  I think this was the plate that mostly deterred me at first but it ended up making my favourite mani of the bunch.  


For this I used both a white and a black base.  Sneakily, I did that so I could show how both of the polishes in the box stamp over a light and dark color.  I was shocked at how opaque they both were over black.  The other stamping polishes I used were the black and white from Maniology, Straight Up Black and Bam! White.



Since this isn't the first lettering plate I've used, I wasn't sure what to write on my nails but since this month's theme is Memphis Mod, I went with "Mod!".  For these I used a base of Girly Bits Cosmetics Just The Flax Ma'am, and used reverse stamping with Maniology Straight Up Black filled with Girly Bits Rust In The Wind, Saffron, Saffron, Forget Me? Not! and My Peony has a first name.  Then I stamped an outlining  image from MXM010 with same colors and finished with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  


MXM010


Potential nail designs with MXM010 is quite a bit easier than with the first plate.  Again, it's a retro style plate but this one is mostly full nail images which I personally prefer.


For these I did reverse stamping over Essie's Serene Slate, stamped with Maniology Straight Up Black filled with Polished For Days Tink, Lacquester Oathbreaker and Maniology Bam! White, topped with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  



My final mani used the two polishes from this months' box again.  It's a gradient of Flashdance and Jazzercise over a base of Flashdance stamped with Bam! White.  These polishes are so opaque that the blue easily applied over the coral without a problem.  


Pineapple Plate Holder


And finally, this month's "extra".  It's a cute plate holder perfect for your Maniology plates.  There are 8 double sided pages so it's holds 16 plates in total.  It's great if you plate collection isn't huge or, if it is, for taking a few plates on vacation with you.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who does that...


Each Mani X Me box is available until the 23rd of the month so you have this week to decide on this month's box.  I should also mention that if you're new to the Mani X Me box, in addition to the products shown here, you also receive a clear Ice Cube Stamper with your first order.  It really is a good deal for great quality plates and polishes.  

$20-25 USD/month (depending on subscription length)
Available at Maniology
Use code COPY10 to save $5 off your first box or 10% off any other order 

'Til next time...


No comments: