Tuesday, June 11, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Vacation - Live Love Lake

Hey there!  It's the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's Vacation Week and, since I tend to spend all my vacation time at the lake, I really wanted to do some slightly less tropical nails.  A couple weeks ago my sister and I did a sign painting night and I think one of the phrases you could paint was "Live Love Lake" and I thought I could get that on my nails.  But of course there wasn't a stamping plate with just the word "lake" so I tried to improvise....and failed.  I do love the lake but it turns out it was impossible for me to turn the word love into lake without creating this mess!  Other than that one word though, I did like this mani.  Apparently I just need to convince a plate maker to throw the "Lake" onto a plate so I can do this again, properly!



Since my brain tends to go for the obvious, I had to use KBShimmer's Better Lake Than Never as the base polish for this mani.  Even apart from the name, it's probably one of my favourite polishes ever.  I love KBShimmer's Holo Glow Flake polishes and this one is a perfect shade of blue.  On top of that I handpainted some clouds in acrylic paint and then stamped birds (since our lake is often overrun by seagulls) from Born Pretty BPL-025 with Mundo de Unas Black.  Here's a look at it before the extra stamping.  



After that, I added the hearts and outlines from Maniology Shape Nouveau BM-XL501 with Mundo de Unas Bronze and Black.


The words Live and Love were found on UberChic Beauty's Texture-licious 01 stamping plate.  As I already said, I attempted to change Love into Lake but my fine painting skills are trash.  On my pinky, I added an anchor from UberChic Beauty's Nautical mini plate since we do spend time on the boat when we're at the cabin (when the lake cooperates).  


So that's it for my homage to the lake.  Seriously, all us lake-lovers need to petition plate makers for more lake-related images.  Anyone agree with me?

'Til next time...


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: