Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - May 2018

Hey there!  This month The Digit-al Dozen celebrated Oksana of The Polished Koi's birthday.  Every month the birthday girl (or girls) get to pick an inspiration photo for us to use.  I absolutely loved the photo Oksana chose.  It just screamed fluid nail art so I dumped a whole bunch of polish on my Uber Mat and came up with a mani that I wore for 4 full days.  That's a rarity!



Below is the photo that Oksana picked.  It is a fluid painting.  I still don't fully understand how people do this but I would love to try it.  I just need to get some art skillz.  


image source

For my version I used two polishes that create this type of "cell"...Dance Legend Spot It in white and Sinful Colors Rebel Rebel.  In addition to that I dumped a Sally Hansen Brisk Blue and Calypso Blue, Color Club Age of Aquarius, OPI Suzi Says Da!, Essie Partner In Crime and Mint Candy Apple on my Uber Mat, smooshed it around and made decals out of the giant blob of polish. 


I wish I was better at applying decals like these.  I would do way more of this sort of nail art if applying them didn't take me forever.  These ones in particular ended up pretty thick.  Thick enough that my office mate commented on it from her own desk.  But I will say that they held up really well, even through an ultimate frisbee game.



That's all for today.  Hope you had a great birthday month Oksana!  And thank you for finding such a beautiful photo!  

'Til next time...



No comments: