Friday, May 18, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired By Each Other - Olivia Jade Nails

Hey there!  Alas, it's the final day of The Digit-al Dozen's Inspired By Each Other week.  I'm genuinely sad that I only did 5 so I really want to use any extra time I have coming up to copy the rest of the my girls.  That is how my sister named my blog after all, I started it by taking inspiration from the creative people.  I like to think that I usually come up with my own ideas now but I certainly loved this week since I got to pay homage to some of the other DD girls.  The lady whose nails I tried to recreate today is Olivia Jade Nails.  We seem to be drawn to a lot of the same stamping images and we both like lots of color so I like to think that we're Canadian-Australian nail soul mates, haha!  Ironically, the mani I picked to copy isn't even a stamping one...at least not for her.  She used nail vinyls to create this super cool rainbow-y turtle shell mani.  I tried with vinyls and failed so I opted for stamping.  We're not quite twins but close enough!



Mine started with a white base (KBShimmer Eyes White Open) and then I sponged on the pipe dream polish A Night In Vegas Cremes collection to make the base.  I always think of this style as belonging to Olivia Jade Nails but I love doing it too.  



I think the stamping image I found was pretty close to the stencils she used.  It's from an old Bundle Monster plate, BM-313.  I stamped with Mundo de Unas White and finished with HK Girl top coat.  



I really am sad that this week is over so don't be surprised if you see me continue this one on my own!  The second I have time to do some nail art (I've had plain polish on all week...gasp!) I'm really going to try to continue this.  But for now, we can just check out how everyone else has ended the week.

'Til next time...



No comments: