Tuesday, 10 November 2015

The Digit-al Dozen does Inspired by Pinterest/Magazines - Day 2 Autumn Striped Nails

Hey there!  For the second day of The Digit-al Dozen's Pinterest/Magazine week, I have my re-creation of a mani that I saw as an article header in my favourite magazine, Nail It!  I must have loved that photo because I busted out the vinyls to do this...and if you know me at all you'll know that I always complain when I use vinyls.  Not that they're not awesome and easy to use, I just worry about drying time before I use them.  I really should do it more often though since I always love how striped manis turn out.



Here's my crappy iPhone photo of the inspiration for today.  To prepare for this week, I brought all my old issues of Nail It! up to the cabin with me one weekend and just started snapping pics of all the designs I liked.  The photos aren't great quality but I hope you get the idea.  

source: Nail It! magazine

For my re-creation I started with two coats of Glam Polish You and Me (But Mostly Me) as my gold base.  Then I used skinny Nail Vinyls and added stripes of OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest, Zoya Autumn and A England Camelot to complete the design. 


After removing the vinyls, I smoothed it all out with HK Girl top coat.  The colors ended up a bit different than the original but that's part of the fun, right?



So there's my first magazine-inspired mani this week.  I had so much fun flipping through Nail It! that I might just have a second magazine mani this week.  In the meantime, follow the links below to see what the rest of the lovely DD girls are up to today

'Til next time...