Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Whats Up Nails Slime Drip and Chain Stencils

Press  Sample

Hey there!  So far 2019 has been all about stamping.  Well, let's be honest, 99% of what I do on my nails is stamping.  But today I have a stencil post!  As much as I love stamping, I do love a good nail stencil and luckily, Whats Up Nails makes the best stencils.  These are the last two stencils I have to share from my last package they sent me but I actually just ordered some more from a distributor last night (gotta keep those Canadian shipping costs down).  But for now, I have the Slime Drip Stencils and Chain Stencils to share.  I love how they both turned out!


$3.75 USD
30 stencils


For these I started with a black base (A England Camelot).  I actually did them first over matte'd black but I liked the shiny version better so that's what I'm showing.  Then I applied the stencils and did a vertical gradient on each nail with ILNP Ultra Chrome Flakies.  The flakies I used were Glory, Electric Carnival, Neon Rosebud, Metropolis, Luna, Cold Fusion, Gaia, Open Field and Brilliance.  For top coat I used Glisten & Glow.  



$3.75 USD
20 stencils


Anytime I think of chain nails (which I do a lot since they were one of the first stamping manis I ever saw way back in the day) I think of black and silver.  So I switched it up this time and went white and gold...I'm soooo adventurous!  For these I used Cirque Colors Don't Forget The Cannoli with a matte top coat.  I let that dry for a good long time before applying the stencils since matte top coat isn't quick dry.  Then I just painted over them with Cirque Colors 24 K Affair.  They're almost classy, eh?



I hope you like these two stencilled designs.  I should be back tomorrow with more stamped nails (I say "should" because I seem to be unable to find the time to blog until pretty late at night this week so I can't promise anything).  But for now, I really can't recommend Whats Up Nails stencils (or their stamping plates, for that matter) enough.  Feel free to shop at their store linked below.  

Available at What's Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: