Friday, January 18, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Marble - Water Marble Nails With Stamping

Hey there!  Today brings us the end of The Digit-al Dozen's Marble Week.  One of the coolest (but most challenging) marble technique has to be the water marble.  I personally find that I can only marble with certain polishes.  I don't know what it is in a formula that makes it water marble-able or not and I'm certainly not patient enough to figure it out.  So when I get the urge to water marble, I tend to go back to my tried-and-true pipe dream polish neons.  This brand is gone now but I'll always appreciate whatever magic she put in them that made them fool proof.



Obviously I stamped over the water marble (since I do love a negative space stamp over a cool base) but I did take a couple pics before I stamped.  Here's how it looked before stamping.  


Alone it wasn't bad but certainly not perfect.  That's where the stamping comes into play.  It can cover all those little bubbles and blips.  


The stamping image I used is a pretty, swirly negative space one from UberChic Beauty 22-02.  That was topped with Glisten & Glow top coat.  


One more photo because I just had to show a close up.  This might be the closest I've ever come to perfect stamping.  I tend to end up with lots of little gaps but there's not many here.  Hooray for me!  


That's it for this month's Digit-al Dozen week!  We'll be back next month with a fun new prompt.  Hope to see you back for it!  In the meantime, you can fill up on DD posts by checking out the links at the end of this post.  

'Til next time...


No comments: