Monday, January 14, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Marble - Marble Stamping

Hey there!  It's time to start a brand new year with The Digit-al Dozen.  I love our first theme of the year - Marble!  I tried to do my manis for this week with different marble techniques, starting with stamping (of course).  I guess there's actually two different marble techniques here.  These started with a smooshy marble base which was then stamped with a marble plate.  Ironically the end result looks less like either one alone would...



So here was the base.  I used Colors by Llarowe Coconut as a base and then did the smooshy stamper marble with Kokie Cosmetics Mystic Mauve, Iris and Voodoo.  This was with Vibrant Vinyls top coat.  


For the stamping I used Dixie Plates Marbled 01.  I bought this plate from Girly Bits and left it out for ages.  This is my first Dixie Plates plate and I really liked it.  I should look into getting more.


I double stamped with Mundo de Unas Black and Bronze.  I'm not entirely sure why I used matte top coat to finish but I must subconsciously think marble is matte because one of my other manis for this week is matte too.  But for that one I took matte and glossy photos and, since I still haven't cropped any photos for this week I still don't know how I'll share it.  Maybe both ways!  



That's all for today.  Be sure to check out the links below to see everyone else's marbled nails.  I've seen a couple already today and they're PRETTY! 

'Til next time...


No comments: