Monday, January 7, 2019

UberChic Beauty Art Deco Elegance and Collection 28 Stamping Plates

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.  I sure did!  It was cold and snowy here so I stayed in all weekend and played with my newest UberChic Beauty stamping plates!  So today I'm sharing the UberChic Beauty Art Deco Elegance and Collection 28 plates.  Actually I did start testing them out last week but this weekend was the biggest part of it.  These plates were a joy to work with so this pretty much made an ideal weekend for me.  The plates themselves were flawless so the only frustration I had was when I felt like I had too many things I wanted to do with them.  Normally I do two mani's/plate when I'm doing a review but I did an extra one here because there was one mani I just HAD to do.  Now let's take a look!


Art Deco Elegance
$14.99 USD
9.5 x 14.5 plate (17 x 21 mm full nail images)


This is the third addition to UberChic's Art Deco lines.  Being a big fan of the Great Gatsby movie, I always love the look of these plates.  They just scream the Roaring 20's to me.  And I'm proud to say I managed to not do a black and gold manis with them (which I believe I always do).  However, I'm not too proud to say that I think every single one of these images would look great as black and gold!  


Products Used:
Madam Glam Perfect Black
Born Pretty Store red chrome powder
Mundo de Unas White stamping polish
Pink Gellac Shine Top Coat



Products Used:
Hit The Bottle Blue-tiful, Burnt Orange, Cactus Juice
Mini Uber Mat
OPI matte top coat


$24.99 USD
3 x 9.5 x 14.5 cm plate (17 x 21 mm full nail images)

This latest collection has a bit of everything (which is exactly what I love about UberChic's collections).  Each plate has at least one layering image and at least one negative space image, both things that I particularly love about the collections.  If I allowed myself, I think every mani I did would be a negative space stamping mani.  That way I can use all my pretty sparkly polishes and let them peek through the stamping.  So I did use 2 of the negative space images for my Collection 28 manis.  I didn't have any issues with any of these plates.  The only thing I would say I noticed was that it was hard to get the small gaps in the image I used for my second mani today.  That's pretty minor though and not surprising given that those spaces are REALLY small and I'm still far from a perfect stamper.  

28-01


Products Used:
Essie Chinchilly
Essie No Place Like Chrome
Mundo de Unas White stamping polish
OPI matte top coat
Note: These simple layered butterflies might be one of my favourite UCB images ever!  



Products Used:
Emily de Molly Dancing Through Sunday
Hit The Bottle Aubergine stamping polish
Vibrant Vinyls top coat
Note: This is the image that didn't stamp perfectly for me.  You can see some of them have the small gaps while others don't.  


28-02


Products Used:
Esmaltes da Kelly Hipopo Bee, Dolly, Bruce, Flufi, Lisa, Tuco and Dixie
Mundo de Unas Black
Vibrant Vinyls top coat

  


Products Used:
Tonic Polish Fireside, Let It Snow, Winter's Night (matte polishes)
Born Pretty gold chrome powder
Mundo de Unas Bronze and Black stamping polish


28-03


Products Used:
KBShimmer No Wave!, Better Lake Than Never, Rock This Way, Why So Sirius? and I’m Onyx
Mundo de Unas White stamping polish 
Vibrant Vinyls top coat



Products Used:
Masura Mint & Basil (magnetic polish)
Mundo de Unas Black stamping polish
Vibrant Vinyls top coat
Note: This image also has a layering component but I wanted to see that magnetic goodness.  This was the extra mani I did because I thought it looks like a magnetic blobbicure, without the mess.



Products Used:
Great Lakes Lacquer I Speak For The Trees
Hit The Bottle Looking For Mr Grey and Barbie Doll-licious
Mundo de Unas Black stamping polish
Vibrant Vinyls top coat
Note: thick stamping polish (MDU) didn't like the lettering image so if you're having issues, try a thinner polish for detail this fine


Thanks for sticking around!  I know that was a lot of mani's for one blog post.  I hope you liked a couple of them.  My personal favourites are the chrome red with simple stamping, the matte butterflies and the blue "gradient" reverse stamping.  If either of these two new releases, or any other UCB product, you can shop them at the links below.  And follow their social media.  I, personally, even follow the uberchicbeauty hashtag on Instagram so I can get some inspiration for future manis!  

$14.99/single plates
$24.99 USD/collection
Available at UberChic Beauty

'Til next time...

No comments: