Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder and Stencils

Press  Sample

Hey there!  I couldn't wait to share this nail art that I wore last week courtesy of Whats Up Nails, a nail art store based in the US.  They sent me quite a few goodies to review including the Magic Shifting Powder in Sunset and some swallow and branch vinyls.  As with the Easter stencils that I showed you last week, these stencils are fool proof.  Keep reading to see how I used these products and to hear me gush over how great they are.

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder and Stencils

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder and Stencils

1 gram
$21.75 USD


Of all the products Whats Up Nails sent me, the Sunset Powder was the one I was most excited to try.  I've purchased multichrome powder from other vendors but they never turn out as well as the photos from the Whats Up Nails appeared.  I was skeptical and thought there might have been some camera magic but I was wrong.  This powder is magical.  I applied it with a eyeshadow applicator over a dark red gel polish (China Glaze Seduce Me) with no wipe top coat.  I tested it out over black too.  Since the powder is so opaque none of the black showed through but I went with red since it gave it just a slightly more red tinge.  It transferred very easily and barely look any powder so this little jar will last for ages.  The main color appeared to be a reddish copper with a easy gold shift, and even green at steeper angles.  So darn pretty!

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder

20 stencils
$3.75 USD each

These each come as sheets of 20 stencils with 5 different sizes included.  The swallow stencils even come as two different styles - one with 3 small birds and one with 1 large and 2 small birds.  I mentioned the other day that Whats Up makes the easiest vinyls I've tried to date and that holds true for these as well.  They separated incredibly easily and have the exact level of stickiness needed for easy application.  I'm a fan!  


Yesterday I shared some nail art inspired by the sunsets as the lake.  I love my lake sunsets so much that they were also the inspiration for this look that I wore last week.  Our beach is frequently inhabited by all sorts of birds (and plants) so I thought these stencils paired up nicely with the sunset powder, along with A England Camelot.  I topped it with some top coat from Born Pretty Store that didn't ruin the metallic look of the base.

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder and Stencils

I got so many compliments when I was wearing these.  If your fingertips are in need of some attention from strangers, give any of these Magic Shifting Powders a try.  They really do give a stunning look!  

Whats Up Nails Sunset Powder and Stencils

If you're interested in any Whats Up Nails products, they can be found below.  I must say that I've tried a few already and I'm truly impressed.  They might be a bit more pricey than what you'd get from overseas but the quality is superior AND you won't have to wait over 2 months for them.  Win-win!


Available at Whats Up Nails

'Til next time...

No comments: