Tuesday, April 11, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Get To Know Me - Lake Time

Hey there!  It's Day 2 of our Get To Know Me week.  Yesterday I had some nail art celebrating where I live.  Today I did where my heart lives.  My family has a cabin about 3 hours north of Edmonton and I try to spend as many of my summer weekends there as possible.  I don't know what it is about the place but I'm so much happier there.  I think it's because when I'm there I have no worries, no responsibilities.  There's never something else I should be doing instead.  So I just hang out, read books and eat chips...way too many chips.  Oh and I take way too many sunset photos...

Lake Sunset Nail Art

Lake Sunset Nail Art

It was silly to think I would ever be able to do nail art that looked anything like one of our pretty lake sunsets.  Even cameras can't show how amazing the sunsets are.  In reality, an Alberta sunset has all the colors and a blazing sun but my camera makes everything look orange.  Trust me, this sunset was everything a sunset should be.  


Since my camera makes everything look orange, I started with an orange base of Delush Polish Love It When You Call Me Big Papaya.  I gradiented it with Resting Beach Face and Tea-Amor-etto for the sky.  For the lake I used Tea Amor-etto, Warden of Darkness and a bit of Girly Bits Stormy Skies.  I also included a bit of KBShimmer  Chicke Me Out and Pure Ice Superstar! for the sun and clouds.  

Lake Sunset Nail Art

I tried to freehand the horizon and tree on the shoreline with black acrylic paint.  It's not the best but I can live with it.  For a top coat I used KBShimmer Clearly On Top.  

Lake Sunset Nail Art

Do any of you have somewhere that just makes you happy?  If you do, I hope you get to visit often!




No comments: