Saturday, 29 April 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - April 2017

Hey there! In April a couple of my Digit-al Dozen ladies celebrated birthdays -  Katherine of Procrastinails and Uma of Uma's Nail Art.  As is our new-ish tradition, we had the birthday girls pick some inspiration for us to turn into nail art.  These ladies did not do us wrong this month!  They picked out a super cool bubble picture that intimidated me at first but then I found a blog post with a corresponding video tutorial from the amazing Narmai/Piggie Luv which was perfect!



I suppose I should also share the inspiration picture.  Aren't these glow-y rainbow bubbles amazing?  That looks like a party I wasn't to go to!  


For my attempt, I started with my favourite dark blue with my least favourite name - OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw.  Seriously that name is rivalled only by the blue creme is OPI's Fiji collection this spring.  I won't even try to type that one!  


After that is was all acrylic paint, water and time.  I painted the bubbles in white and then went over them in color.  I also tried to add some glow-y spots with really watery paint.  


Of course my bubbles are pretty raggedy (this is why I stamp) but I ended up loving this.  And anyone I showed them to knew they were supposed to be bubbles so I call that a success!  


Thanks for stopping by today.  And happy birthday month to Katherine and Uma!  I hope all of April was amazing for you guys!  We can check out how the rest of the girls managed these bubbles in their blogs below. 

'Til next time...