Friday, April 14, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Get To Know Me - Genetics

Hey there!  My final Digit-al Dozen Get To Know Me design is combined with this week's 26 Great Nail Art Ideas prompt of pastel-to-bold gradient with something on top.  I love that prompt but wow it's a mouthful!  I usually stamp something on top my gradients anyways so this wasn't too hard for me.  I also knew I wanted to include a Get To Know Me mani that has something to do with my job.  I do my job as my nails pretty often actually since I'm lucky in what I do.  I play with DNA for a living and, since DNA's double helix makes a pretty cool pattern, it's been included on many stamping plates.  But this is the first time I'm also included the cute part of my job.  The mice bite me but I like them anyway.

DNA Nail Stamping

DNA Nail Stamping

I haven't done this in awhile but I thought I'd include a swatch of the original polish to show you the pretty, shimmer-y pastel base.  This is two coats of Zoya Hudson.  

Zoya Hudson Swatch

For the bold part of the gradient, I used Zoya Carly and Valerie.  Zoya's shimmer purples are always my favourites of what they do.  

Purple Zoya Gradient Nails

For the DNA stamping, I used Cheeky Jumbo Plate 10 and Born Pretty Store Silver.  As often as I've done DNA-themed nails, I don't think I've ever shared a mani with this image.  

DNA Nail Stamping

And lastly, I couldn't find a single stamping image with a mouse (probably because most people don't like the critters) so I used the rabbit from UberChic Beauty's Itty Bitty Icons and made it into a mouse but dotting on some bigger ears and adding a tail.  Pretty clever eh?  

DNA Nail Stamping

And that's the end of Get To Know Me week.  You now know how and where I spend most of my time.  The only thing I didn't include this week was my nail polish obsession...I figured that part of me is obvious!  To see how the rest of the DD finished up their week AND to see more pastel-bold gradients, hop around all the links below.  Have a great weekend!

'Til next time...





No comments: