Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Picture Polish Dorothy

Hey there!  Tonight I want to show you Picture Polish's Dorothy.  Presumably inspired by Dorothy's ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz, this is a red mesh shade of Picture Polish's.  The mesh shades are fine glitter in a jelly base.  This is two coats plus topcoat.  It was surprisingly easy to apply.  With a polish this full of glitter I was expecting it to be thick and clumpy but it was nice and smooth.  It actually leans just a little bit pink (to my eyes, at least) but it's still a sparkly red


On my accent nail I have 3 coats of Picture Polish White Wedding stamped with Konad Red using the high heel image from Bundle Monster's BM-213 plate.  I thought I was being clever though I suppose Dorothy never wore high heeled pumps...  


White Wedding is one of Picture Polish's collaboration shades, created with Llarowe so it's only available from her website.  It's a pretty white with a bit of shimmer.  It's a bit sheer so it requires 3 coats but applies much nicer than most white polishes do.  


I tried to take a picture holding both bottles of nail polish.  This is surprisingly hard to do!  Kudos to those of you who can do it and not look crazy awkward.


I purchased Dorothy from Nail Polish Canada and White Wedding from Llarowe.

'Til next time...





No comments: