Sunday, September 29, 2013

Breaking Bad Nails

Hey there!  I've been sitting around all day watching a Breaking Bad marathon in preparation for the series finale tonight.  I can't wait to see how it ends.  I've loved watching the transformation of Walt and Jesse over the years.  I don't think any show has ever done such a good job at character development as this one has.

So I decided to try my hand (no pun intended) at doing some Breaking Bad nails to say goodbye to a great show.  I've seen some great ones online like these and these that I know I can't compare to but I still wanted to show my attempt.  I'll apologize in advance for the terrible clean-up job here.


On my pointer, middle and index fingers I started with a base of CND Vinylux Serene Green that my sister just bought that for me because it has my name in it.  Cool eh?!  I added the Br and Ba logo using a white striper and white acrylic paint.  I tried offsetting them by putting the Br higher than the Ba like the logo but in retrospect that wasn't a great idea.  I added the toxic looking green smoke using Love & Beauty by Forever 21 in Neon Yellow using the watercolor method.  If you want to see the coolest smoke manicure ever, check out Chalkboard Nails manicure here.  She's a nail art god.


On my pinky and thumb I have an homage to the blue crystal they cook using the shimmery blue Picture Polish Whimsy.  I also added a coat of A England Morgan Le Fay to make it even more shimmery.  



I don't often try to do freehand nail art.  I'm not super artistic so I generally stick with stamping but I actually don't mind how these turn out.  Hopefully with some practice I can get better nail art *fingers crossed*

Hope everyone enjoys the finale tonight!  Goodbye Walt and Jesse :-(

'Til next time...


No comments: