Saturday, April 29, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen does Birthdays - April 2017

Hey there! In April a couple of my Digit-al Dozen ladies celebrated birthdays -  Katherine of Procrastinails and Uma of Uma's Nail Art.  As is our new-ish tradition, we had the birthday girls pick some inspiration for us to turn into nail art.  These ladies did not do us wrong this month!  They picked out a super cool bubble picture that intimidated me at first but then I found a blog post with a corresponding video tutorial from the amazing Narmai/Piggie Luv which was perfect!



I suppose I should also share the inspiration picture.  Aren't these glow-y rainbow bubbles amazing?  That looks like a party I wasn't to go to!  


For my attempt, I started with my favourite dark blue with my least favourite name - OPI I Saw...You Saw...We Saw...Warsaw.  Seriously that name is rivalled only by the blue creme is OPI's Fiji collection this spring.  I won't even try to type that one!  


After that is was all acrylic paint, water and time.  I painted the bubbles in white and then went over them in color.  I also tried to add some glow-y spots with really watery paint.  


Of course my bubbles are pretty raggedy (this is why I stamp) but I ended up loving this.  And anyone I showed them to knew they were supposed to be bubbles so I call that a success!  


Thanks for stopping by today.  And happy birthday month to Katherine and Uma!  I hope all of April was amazing for you guys!  We can check out how the rest of the girls managed these bubbles in their blogs below. 

'Til next time...



No comments: