Monday, May 13, 2019

The Digit-al Dozen does Colors - Green Drip Marble

Hey there!  Today is the start of a new Digit-al Dozen's week.  This week we doing Colors/Colorful.  I decided to take this prompt as an opportunity to really focus on a single color for each mani.  So each day I'll have a different color focus, sort of like the start of the 31 Day Challenge (which I haven't participated in for years).  I'm starting with my favourite mani that I did for these theme - a green drip marble.  Actually it's a multichrome green drip marble and I absolutely loved wearing it.  It hurt a little to use that much of some of my favourite polishes but in the end I thought it was worth it.



For these, I started with a base of a stunning green-gold multi chrome - Emily de Molly Goddess of Rays.  I wore this one on it's own the week before and it is so cool.  Definitely not the typical green-gold duochrome polish that has been duped so many times.  


For my drip marble, here's the list of polish I used.  It's a looooonnnngggg list.  14 polishes to be exact.   

Emily de Molly Goddess of Rays and Near And Far
ILNP Highline, Reminisce and Sirene
Tonic Polish Dragon Parade, Kelpie Parade and Promise of Spring
KBShimmer Flip Flop Hooray and You Rocket My World 
Pop Polish Watermelon Bubbleslick and Surf Slick 
Hit The Bottle Parrot Fashion 
Fair Maiden Interstellar 


First I tried it with a glossy top coat but in the end I like it more with the Vibrant Vinyls You Matte-r top coat that I'm showing here.  


After wearing this on its own for a day, I couldn't get turtle shells out of my head so I stamped it using Maniology's BM-313 with Hit The Bottle Make Mine A Mudslide and added another coat of matte top coat.  What do you think?  Better with or without stamping?


That's it for today!  I guess I should go crop the photos I have for the rest of the week so I actually have something to blog about, haha!  

'Til next time...



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

No comments: