Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Digit-al Dozen does All That Glitters/Nail Challenge Collaborative does Blue - Winter Nail Stamping

Hey there!  The nail art I have for you today is for Day 2 of The Digit-al Dozen's All That Glitters week AND Nail Challenge Collaborative's Blue theme.  It really couldn't be any more appropriate given the weather my city is having right now (lots of cold and wind and snow...feels like -31 C with the windchill.  It also fit the weather when I did them over the holiday break which felt more like -40 which is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit.  For anyone who has never experienced -40 degrees, it is very clearly winter.  How much longer until summer??



These started with a blue polish, Pretty Serious A Christmas Time Paradox, gradiented with silver (Frosty The Snowborg).  To go with the DD's glitter theme, I did some glitter stamping with silver holo microglitter that I purchased from Moonflower Polish.  To get that to work, I first added a matte top coat to the gradient and then did the stamping with Mundo de Unas Sky Blue and Creative Shop 35.  Unfortunately the silver glitter isn't very visible which I think is due to using blue stamping polish and a silver-y base.  But I swear there's glitter there!  



I added the icicles with Messy Mansion MM27, Mundo de Unas White and Black and, again, Moonflower Polish microglitter in white.  This seemed more like a powder than a glitter though.  It was a bit odd and also not very visible.  I like the other glitters but I'd pass on this white one.  


And the oh-so-appropriate text is also from Creative Shop 35, double stamped with white and black.  Everything was finished with HK Girl top coat.  Here's a close up to show that there really is glitter there.  Can you tell I'm a bit insecure about that?  


In the links below you can find all the Day 2 Digit-al Dozen glitter AND blue manis from The Nail Challenge Collaborative.  So much pretty!

'Til next time...




No comments: